Big Five Blackjack Gold
Microgaming’s Big Five Blackjack Gold refers to the fun it crams into 5 decks of cards. Only available in the Gold Series, this game uses the best of Microgaming blackjack technology and is available in both single and multi-hand versions.
For those of you who are familiar with Microgaming’s general blackjack rules, this game doesn’t present anything too unexpected. Here’s the general idea:
- Dealer is not allowed to peek and must hit at soft 17.
- No restrictions on doubling down.
- 3 splits are allowed from a single hand (for a 4-hand total). Aces can be split once with one card given to each before a Stand is imposed.
- 10-value cards are equal in terms of a split.
- Early surrender (the act of raising the white flag prior to a dealer’s hole card reveal—for half the wager penalty) is available in this game except when the Dealer shows an Ace.
You’ll be prompted for surrender with each hand played (except when the dealer shows and Ace), so it requires a little more mental presence than the other online blackjack games where you can keep your mouse aimed for the same spot and just keep clicking the “deal” and “stand” options.
Insurance is also available with Big Five Blackjack Gold, and you’ll be asked if you want it when the option is available. We are of the stance that insurance is a very helpful tool in everything outside of blackjack. Inside of blackjack, insurance invariably will favor the house.
The table limits for Big Five Blackjack Gold range from a 1 credit chip to a 500 credit chip.
As with all Microgaming Gold editions, you’ll enjoy a more realistic view of the table, exceptionally fast play, and animation so smooth, you’d think you were watching a movie. Big Five Blackjack Gold as a game is entertaining enough, but just sitting back and watching the animation is a treat in itself.
For this and other Microgaming blackjack games, check out our recommended Microgaming casinos below.