Hi Lo 13 European Single-Hand Blackjack Gold
If there is one thing I like better than blackjack, it’s blackjack with a good side bet. Hi-Lo 13 European Blackjack Gold by Microgaming packs as much fun in a game as it does words in its name. Featuring not one, but three side wagers, Hi-Lo 13 gives you plenty to hitch your wager wagon to.
The European blackjack rules are relatively standard in this game, and the side bet premise is even easier to understand; you are wagering on whether or not the total of your initial two cards is higher than 13, lower than 13, or exactly 13. Thus, the name Hi Lo 13.
The payout for the side wagers is broken down below. Keep in mind that the Ace counts as one for the Hi-Lo total, and the only cards that count are the first two:
- A card total above 13 (Hi) pays out 1:1.
- A card total below 13 (Lo) also pays out 1:1.
- A two-card total of 13 exactly pays out 10:1.
You can place a chip on one or all of the side bets at the same time, just keep track of how much your total wager ends up being. The side bet is so much fun in this game that it’s easy to forget you have another whole European blackjack game left to play.
If you’re not familiar with European blackjack rules, here’s a quick breakdown:
- Doubling down is only available when your initial pair totals 9, 10, or 11.
- Splits can only occur with like cards, and Aces are allowed more than one card after a split. You can only split once per hand (for a total of a 2 card hand)
- The Dealer will suggest insurance when s/he shows an Ace. Getting insurance is not what we recommend in most situations, but it can be a tool if you bet correctly and wisely in the fist place. The Dealer must stand on all 17s.
- This is a two-deck game.
Chip sizes for Hi Lo 13 European Blackjack are set at 1, 5, 10, and 25. They can be used to make a minimum bet of 1 and a maximum bet of 200. This game is only available in the Gold edition, however, Expert Mode is not available.
For this and other European blackjack games, select from one (or more) of the following casinos.