There are several differences between French Roulette and European or American Roulette. There are still 37 numbers, the wheel numbers are still red or black and the 0 is still green.
The number placement on the wheel differs however, the board is the major difference in this game. The numbers on the Roulette board have no color designation and they are white on a black background; this online game has Microgaming software.
In French Roulette, there is "la Partage" which means that if the ball stops on the 0 (green) and you have inside bets other than the 0, you only lose 50% of any even money wager.
Call bets are available, which are specific combinations with proper names and defined odds.
When you click on the Call Bet button, the list of bets and payouts will display in a window. The existing chip size will be used in these bets.
The payouts for different combinations of French Roulette - inside bets are.
- Straight-Up Bet - Bet on a single number. Chip must be placed in the center of the number - 35:1
- Split Bet - Bet on 2 adjacent numbers. Chip must be placed on the line separating the numbers - 17:
- Street Bet - Bet on any 3 numbers in a row. Chip must be placed on the outside line, start of the row - 11:1
- Square Bet - Bet on a block of 4 numbers. Chip must be placed on crossing lines centering your numbers.- 8:1
- Line Bet - Bet on 6 numbers of 2 adjacent rows. Chip is placed on the line above dozen bets between the 2 rows - 5:1
The payouts for different combinations of French Roulette - outside bets are.
- Column Bet - Bet on 1 of the 3 vertical columns. Chip is placed at the bottom of the column - 2:1
- Dozen Bet - Bet on 12 numbers in the high, middle or low grouping. Chip is placed on 1 of the following defined areas on the board: First 12, Second 12, Third 12 - 2:1
- Even Money Bet - Bet on 18 numbers. Chip is placed on 1 of the following squares: Even, Odd, Red, Black, 1-18 or 19-36 - 1:1