Microgaming Casino Blackjack
Touting the largest blackjack selection on the web, Microgaming has over 40 different ways to beat the dealer with a two-card total of 21. You may not think it’s possible, but if you check out the sampling of games on the list below, you’ll believe it. And each game is more fun than the last.
When it comes to online gaming, Microgaming is a household name—at least for those households who live outside the United States as of 2008. Yet just because Microgaming pulled out of The Land of the Free, doesn’t mean it’s not still immensely popular with the rest of the planet.
Since Microgaming's software platform (complete with over 400 total games) is multi-player, multi-lingual, and multi-progressive jackpot, one could argue that the iconic software platform is doing better than ever. Case in point: their unbelievable selection of blackjack games.
While the rules will differ slightly per game (and some specifics may differ per casino), you can generally expect the following:
- The number of 52-card decks in each game will vary from one to eight. Regardless of its size, each stack being shuffled prior to the commencement of each game.
- You can double down on any of the two initial cards, unless European rules are indicated (and then you can only double down when the two cards total 9, 10, or 11).
- The Dealer will stand on all 17.
- If the Dealer gets Blackjack after you have split or doubled, your entire bet--both the original and double or split amounts, are lost.
- Insurance is usually offered with each game when the dealer shows an Ace.
- Splitting is allowed and can occur up to three times on a single hand to result in a four pair total.
- Aces can be split once. You’ll receive one additional card for each and then be forced to stand.
- Only like cards can be split.
Some Microgaming casinos offer additional tools for the avid blackjack player, such as the ability to view auditor reports (to confirm that the casino gaming process is a fair one). Microgaming also offers an “Expert Mode”, which allows you to auto-play based on a customizable strategy card. Casinos offering the “Gold” version of these blackjack games feature more realistic animations and faster play.
Table limits for Microgaming blackjack will vary with each casino, with most tables starting at one or two credits and maxing out at 200, 500, 1000 or even 2000 credits.
We’ve reviewed each of Microgaming’s blackjack games below to give you the best insight on how to play them. We hope they’ll make you a more knowledgeable, and therefore more confident, blackjack player. Have fun!
- Atlantic City Blackjack
- Atlantic City Gold Blackjack
- Big Five Blackjack Gold
- Big Five Multi-Hand Blackjack Gold
- Double Exposure Multi-Hand Blackjack
- Double Exposure Multi-Hand Blackjack Gold
- Double Exposure Single-Hand Blackjack Gold
- European Blackjack
- European Multi-Hand Blackjack
- European Multi-Hand Blackjack Gold
- European Single-Hand Blackjack Gold
- Hi Lo 13 European Single-Hand Blackjack Gold
- High Streak Blackjack Gold
- Microgaming Classic Blackjack
- Microgaming Multi-Hand Blackjack
- Microgaming Multi-Hand Bonus Blackjack
- Microgaming Single-Hand Bonus Blackjack
- Multi-Hand Atlantic City Blackjack
- Multi-Hand Bonus Blackjack Gold
- Multi-Hand Classic Blackjack Gold
- Multi-Hand Vegas Strip Blackjack
- Perfect Pairs European Multi-Hand Blackjack Gold
- Pontoon Multi-Hand Blackjack Gold
- Pontoon Single-Hand Blackjack Gold
- Single-Hand Bonus Blackjack Gold
- Single-Hand Classic Blackjack Gold
- Spanish Blackjack
- Spanish Multi-Hand Blackjack
- Spanish Multi-Hand Blackjack Gold
- Spanish Single-Hand Blackjack Gold
- Triple 7's Blackjack
- Vegas Downtown Multi-Hand Blackjack
- Vegas Downtown Multi-Hand Blackjack Gold
- Vegas Downtown Single-Hand Blackjack Gold
- Vegas Single Deck Single-Hand Blackjack Gold
- Vegas Strip Blackjack
- Vegas Strip Blackjack Gold
- Vegas Strip Multi-Hand Blackjack Gold