Strategy of Roulette
This page contains Roulette strategy articles and suggestions for playing and winning the game of roulette.
First off, Roulette betting systems don’t work. It is impossible to change the House’s Advantage.
Take advantage of any bonuses the casino offers. Read the rules - sometimes Roulette doesn't count as wagering to gain the bonus.
There are lots of roulette systems for sale. If these systems worked, the people selling them would be spinning the wheel instead of earning nickels and dimes from sales. Online casinos would not offer the game - they could not absorb such constant wins. Please be rational - do not buy roulette strategies.
There are, however, some things that can help you win.
Variations of Roulette Games.
There are two types of Roulette tables:
- The American Roulette table has 38 numbers, including 0 and 00. This machine gives the house a 5.26% edge; it is the worst table for players to win on.
- The French or European table has 37 numbers (it doesn’t have the 00).The single zero wheel reduces the house edge to 2.70% and offers the player better chances of winning.
European and Atlantic City Casinos also feature the "En Prison" rule which is favorable to the player. Most European Casinos use the true En Prison rule. Atlantic City 00 wheels use a variation of the En Prison rule called Surrender.
When En Prison is employed on a European Roulette table, even money bets (Black, Red, Odd, Even, 1-18, 19-36) landing on 0 become imprisoned. If this imprisoned bet wins on the next spin, the original bet is released and returned to the player. That reduces the house edge to 1.35% and represents and even better chance for players.
If you bet on even money, you only lose half of your bet on a spin of 0 or 00. (Only available on 00 Roulette wheels in Atlantic City.)
Consequently, these tips are helpful.
- Choose the European table over the American one. Some online casinos offer both.
- Do not make a Five Number bet on an American table.
- Use the Surrender and En Prison rules by placing even money bets.
- Quit when you're ahead!