When you talk about Roulette, it's the European version that is recognized as the standard. American Roulette is similar except they've added an extra number to the board, the 00, so there are a total of 38 numbers in play.
The roulette board is laid out in the same manner and the same bets are allowed with the exception of the 00 which doesn't appear on the regular Roulette game.
Place your bets on as many combinations as you want within the table maximum. The object of the game is to place a bet on a number, combination of numbers, color or situation that you predict the ball will land on.
The combination payouts for American Roulette - inside bets are.
- Straight-Up Bet - Bet on a single number. Chip must be placed in the center of the number - 35:1
- Split Bet - Bet on 2 adjacent numbers. Chip must be placed on the line separating the numbers - 17:1
- Street Bet - Bet on any 3 numbers in a row. Chip must be placed on the outside line, start of the row - 11:1
- Corner Bet - Bet on a block of 4 numbers. Chip must be placed on crossing lines centering your numbers.- 8:1
- Four Bet - Bet on numbers 0, 1, 2, and 3. Chip must be placed on crossing line between 0 and first row intersect 8:1
- Line Bet - Bet on 6 numbers of 2 adjacent rows. Chip is placed on line above dozen bets between the 2 rows - 5:1
The combination payouts for American Roulette - outside bets are.
- Column Bet - Bet on 1 of the 3 vertical columns. Chip is placed at the bottom of the column - 2:1
- Dozen Bet - Bet on 12 numbers in the high, middle or low grouping. Chip is placed on 1 of the following defined areas on the board: First 12, Second 12, Third 12 - 2:1
- Even Money Bet - Bet on 18 numbers. Chip is placed on 1 of the following squares: Even, Odd, Red, Black, 1-18 or 19-36 - 1:1