• Playing 12 vs. 4 in Blackjack

    Here's the situation: Playing 12 vs 4 in Blackjack
     
    You're playing in a four-deck game, and receive a 3 and a 9 for a two-card total of 12, while the dealer flips an upcard of 4. You have a tough decision here, but basically, it's a choice between hitting the 12 or standing on the hand. Which option do you choose?

    This may look inviting, since when you've got 12 there's only one card value on which you can bust with one hit, that being a ten value card (which encompasses tens and all picture cards).

    However, in the final analysis, you have to stand with your 12.

    When the dealer has an upcard of 4, there's a 40% chance that he or she will bust. Therefore, you know that if you stand, you're going to be a loser 60% of the time. If you always hit the 12 in this situation, you will win a little less and lose about 58% of your hands (pushes count for the difference).

    This is a very close call. As a matter of fact, it's almost as advantageous (if that's even the proper word) to hit as it is to stand. There is only a very slight edge to standing here - about a half a percent, as a matter of fact.

    And you'll find out, if you ever get into card counting, that if you have a rather low negative count (meaning a higher ratio than usual of low-value cards to high-value cards remaining to be played), you're going to wind up hitting this hand.

    US vs. THEM Blackjack Strategy Series
    An Analysis
    By Charles Jay

    Best Blackjack Bonuses

    These bonuses allow you to play blackjack to clear the bonuses wagering requirements.

    • Bonus
    • Rating
    • Info
    • Play Now
      •  
      • BitStarz Casino
      • 100% Up To $/€100 + 180 Casino Spins

        BTC= Bitcoin. 100% bonus up to €100 or 1 BTC. PLUS 180 Free Spins. Slots: Boomanji, Fruit Zen or Starburst. . First 20 is credited 23 hours after first deposit and then 20 more 24 hours later. This will go on for 9 straight day until you get a total of 180! Players from the following countries are not eligible for any promotional offer: Greece (GR), Hungary (HU), Mauritius (MU), Slovenia (SI), Croatia (HR), Bosnia and Herzegovina (BA), Macedonia, Republic of (MK), Montenegro (ME), Finland (FI) and Serbia (RS)

        • lcb.org
          4.5/5
          casinolistings.com
          4.5/5
          gamesandcasino.com
          4.6/5
          AVERAGE
          4.5/5
          4.5/5
      • PLAY
      •  
      • Oshi Casino
      • 100% Up To €125 + 180 Casino Spins

        New players only. 100% match bonus + 180 free spins. 20 per day for 9 days. Bonus up to 1.25 BTC / 125 EUR / 200 AUD / 125 USD / 1,250 SEK + NOK / 9,000 RUB. Minimum deposit 0.0007BTC / 10 EUR / 10 AUD / 10 USD / 100 SEK + NOK / 700 RUB. Some slots add 50% or 75% to your wagering requirement. Poker (non-casino) card games, video poker, Roulette add 5% to your wagering/playthrough turnover.

        • lcb.org
          4.3/5
          casinolistings.com
          4.5/5
          gamesandcasino.com
          4.6/5
          AVERAGE
          4.5/5
          4.5/5
      • PLAY
      •  
      • EmuCasino
      • 100% Up To €/AU$/$100

        Max bet size on any game is €15. 45 X turnover requirement. This bonus is not available to players in the following countries: Belarus, Bulgaria, Moldova, Ukraine, Romania, Russia. Bonus will expire 3 days after activation and must be used/completed in this time. Your bonus will be automatically inactivated if you make a bet over €20 or less unless specified in the specific bonus conditions.

        • lcb.org
          4.0/5
          casinolistings.com
          4.5/5
          gamesandcasino.com
          4.3/5
          AVERAGE
          4.3/5
          4.3/5
      • PLAY

    More on How to play Blackjack