Neteller reached a settlement with US Attorney’s Office, as posted in our last article:
20/07: NETELLER reaches a settlement with US Attorney’s Office
(Read more about the Neteller settlement here.)
Neteller announced on June 4th, that the Company agreed to plan for the distrubtion of funds to its United States customers. The agreed plan in detail includes the process and mechanisms by which United States customers will be able to initiate the return of their funds after the plan is implemented. Neteller will be using is best efforts to start implementing the plan as soon as possible, by no later than July 30, 2007. Neteller will communicate to the United States customers by email and through its website, the exact date which such customers will be able to make request.
Neteller members should check here for regular updates on the progress to distribute funds to USA members.
- NETELLER will start the process for the distribution of US member funds by 30 July 2007.
- US members will be notified by email when the process starts.
- US members should also check this site for updates.
- NETELLER will issue an email to US members to announce when they can begin requesting funds.
- US members must sign in to their NETELLER accounts to request the release of their funds.
- US members will not be able to request funds from the NETELLER website after January 26, 2008.
- Funds will be delivered by electronic transfer to the bank account on record with NETELLER or by cheque to the member’s mailing address.
- NETELLER will not charge withdrawal fees.
Read here for more information on the Neteller and USAO settlement.
As NETELLER is returning $94 million to hundreds of thousands of US customers, it will take some time for all payments to be processed.
Please be careful of any phishing scams. Only log in to the neteller.com website to request the return of funds. Remember it must have neteller.com as the top level domain using the https security protocol–nothing else.