Bonus Video Poker Rules & Strategy
Bonus Video Poker Rules.
Bonus Poker is a game between you and the dealer and is played with a standard deck of 52 cards. Five cards are dealt in the first hand. Hold as many cards as you want to build the strongest hand. The remaining cards will be discarded and replaced with new ones from the same playing deck.
Bonus Poker is a standard video poker game based on Jacks or Better play except it has high payouts for the following hand combinations:
- Four of a Kind - Aces
- Four of a Kind - 2's, 3's, 4's
- Four of a Kind - 5's - Kings
Minimum and maximum payouts are set by the casino. A standard rate table is listed below:
|Card Combinations||Coin 1||Coin 2||Coin 3||Coin 4||Coin 5|
|Four of a Kind - Aces||80||160||240||320||400|
|Four of a Kind - 2's,3's,4's||40||80||120||160||200|
|Four of a Kind - 5's - K's||25||50||75||100||125|
|Three of a Kind||3||6||9||12||15|
|Jacks or Better||1||2||3||4||5|
Bonus Video Poker Strategy.
Bonus Poker payout is 40:1 for four 2's, 3's, and 4's and 80:1 for four Aces. In extended play, the increased payout for the 4 of a kinds don't make up for the lower payouts on full houses and flushes. 4 of a kind's are dealt approximately every 400 hands so if they aren't hitting more often than that, you are losing money.
Never break up a dealt paying hand unless you have four of the five cards for a Royal Flush.
If you aren't dealt a paying hand, check the list of ranked possible combinations listed below and use the one that will produce the highest result:
- Four of a kind, straight flush, royal flush
- Four cards to a royal flush
- Three of a kind, straight, flush, full house
- Four cards to a straight flush
- Two pair
- High pair (Jack or better)
- Three cards to a royal flush
- Four cards to a flush
- Low pair
- Four cards to an outside straight
- Two suited high cards
- Three cards to a straight flush
- Two unsuited high cards (more than two, use lowest)
- Suited high cards 10-J, 10-Q, 10-K
- Jack or better
- Discard all dealt cards