• ComeOn.com Purchased by Cherry AB

    22 May 2016

    Comeon com purchased by cherry ab

    Business deals happen all the time in every industry, but in the online gambling industry, the way jurisdictions and licensing is handled now means that even more strategy is involved in making purchases and acquisitions. Recently it's been announced that Cherry AB, a Swedish gaming company, has made a deal to purchase 49 percent of ComeOn, a popular brand that includes sites like ComeOn.com. They also have the option to purchase the remaining 51 percent at a later date.

    Which Properties Are Included?

    One question players will have right off the bat is about which properties are included in this purchase. ComeOn.com is the most obvious answer, but it also includes other brands like GetLucky.com, CasinoStugan.com, Mobilbet.com, folkeautomaten.com, Suomikasino.com and others. While some of these brands might not be as popular on a global stage, some of them are particularly well known, and they have over 133,000 total customers between their different brands combined.

    What's also important to realize is that ComeOn has several important licenses, including Curacao, Malta and the United Kingdom. A big part of this deal is obviously Cherry AB wanting to hold licenses in those jurisdictions, particularly in the United Kingdom, which many see as a very logical place to continue their expansion.

    Value of the Deal

    Right now, a total of EUR 280 million is considered the maximum that they'll pay for the entire ComeOn brand. This is based on a figure of 10 times the operating profit that they had in 2016, which is estimated at anywhere from EUR 19 million to EUR 23 million. What's interesting about this is that they posted a profit of only about EUR 13 million for last year, which was up a whooping 70 percent from 2014. ComeOn has clearly hit a quick stage of growth, and it looks like Cherry AB is trying to pick them up right away as a result.

    As of right now, EUR 80 million is being paid for 49 percent of the company, and they have until the end of the year to exercise their option to purchase the remaining 51 percent. That will largely depend on how ComeOn does this year, it would seem.

    Related News

    • 23 December 2018

      Cherry AB Receives Eight Licenses for Swedish Online Gambling

      The Swedish Gambling Authority has been processing applications over the past several weeks for its upcoming regulated market that starts on January 1, 2019. This is a pretty big deal for online gambling in Europe as a whole, and Cherry AB has put themselves into a strong position with eight difference licenses being granted for operating brands within Sweden's borders in the new year as a part of this newly regulated jurisdiction. Size of the Swedish Market

      Read full article
    • 23 January 2018

      Snabbare Launched by ComeOn: Near Instant WD, No Registration

      ComeOn Casino, a subsidiary of legendary Swedish casino company Cherry AB (STO: CHER-B.ST) has successfully launched a new casino domain, Snabbare.com. Snabbare means 'faster' in English, for those outside of the region, and aside from the Cherry and ComeOn reputations may be all Swedish players need to know in order to deposit and play. Fast Logins, Withdrawals Under 15 Minutes

      Read full article
    • 22 December 2017

      Cherry AB to Acquire All But 5% of Game Lounge Ltd

      Cherry AB (STO:CHER-B), the owners of Yggdrasil Gaming and ComeOn Casino announced today that they have decided to exercise their option to purchase up to 100% of the shares of internet marketing and affiliate company, Game Lounge Ltd. Cherry Malta Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary, already purchased 51% of the company in January 2015. The present purchase represents 44% more which will give them a then current total of 95% of all shares.

      Read full article