888 Holdings and Golden Gaming Get Preliminary Thumbs Up
A marketing agreement between Golden Gaming and Gibralter-based 888 Holdings has been given preliminary approval last week, allowing tavern operators to offer their customers online poker through a website that will also include Treasure Island.
The marketing agreement includes the following:
- Golden Gaming has the ability to sign up customers from 40 wholly owned taverns throughout Nevada and its three Pahrump casinos (Pahrump Nugget, Lakeside, and Gold Town) located 60 miles south of Las Vegas.
- Golden Gaming will not have any role in website operation; rather it will serve as the marketing vehicle to bring players to the games through various interactive programs.
- Similar to Golden Gaming, Treasure Island will bring its Strip-located customer base to the games.
- Golden Gaming’s third-party slot operations, currently in place inside taverns, bars, and grocery stores, would not be part of this agreement.
- 888 Holdings will provide website operations.
- If approved, the gaming revenues will be split amongst 888 Holdings, Treasure Island, and Golden Gaming, going into effect at the launch of the Treasure Island site.
Seeming to always look for the bigger picture, Nevada’s gaming regulators gave preliminary approval with the hopes of adding more players to the iGaming community in the state.
“This is a good example of new ideas coming to the marketplace,” Control Board Chairman A.G. Burnett said in a Las Vegas Review-Journal article. “It’s an attempt to add further liquidity. I, for one, welcome it.”
888 Holdings has not signed an exclusive agreement with Golden Gaming or Treasure Island. In fact, it has also agreed to provide an online poker platform for Caesars Interactive Entertainment and the slot machine maker, WMS Industries. It plans to operate poker websites for Caesars (under the World Series of Poker brand), Treasure Island, and its own 888 poker site.
The Nevada Gaming Commission is expected to officially sign off on the agreement on September 26th.Author: GamesAndCasino