“If you only play in one live tournament this year, this is it,” says the tournament page at Everest Poker. They’re talking about The Everest Poker ONE, a £1,000,000 live poker tournament that will be held in Monte Carlo from April 21st to April 24th, 2011.
Touted as “the everyman’s live poker tournament”, The Everest Poker ONE has more ground roots qualifiers than many live tournaments half its size. While you could buy-in to the tournament directly (if you have almost $7,000 burning a hole in your pocket), you have plenty of other alternatives to win your way up the poker food chain.
- Super Satellite Freerolls: From Wednesday to Monday, you can compete hourly from 10:25am to 7:25pm GMT. Fifty winners from the Super Satellite Freerolls will advance to the the 1,000 SP Satellites.
- SP Satellites: Playing from Wednesday to Monday at 8:30pm GMT, the winners of these tournaments will proceed directly to the The Everest Poker ONE Direct Entries Tournament.
- Sunday Satellites: The 2nd and 3rd place finishers from the SP Satellites will be given free entry into the Sunday Satellite tournament, where they will vie for a spot in the Direct Entries Tournament. Players wishing to skip the stress of the freeroll can plunk down the $30+$3 buy-in and fees and play directly. This level of satellite tournament play is also featured throughout the week, as well as in Super Turbo form. Watch the Everest Poker schedule for details.
- Everest Poker ONE Direct Entries Tournament: These tournaments are where it all boils down. Here 2 Prize Packages are guaranteed to the winners, where one in 27 players will win one of the coveted $9,000 prize package. These tournaments are played on Tuesdays at 8:30pm GMT.
Ultimately, you’re playing for that premier prize package worth $9,000, which includes:
- The Everest Poker ONE tournament buy-in (worth $6,500 stake + $400 tournament fees)
- Airfare up to $650
- VIP Accomodations worth $1450–complete with four nights at the luxurious Monte Carlo Bay Hotel, plus shuttles and meals.
Accepts all Players
Except US Players
Not only can you have a chance to play for hundreds of thousands of dollars (or pounds), you can do it from your bootstraps and without spending a nickel. Thousands have tried, few have succeeded, but that doesn’t mean your chance isn’t out there. What have you got to lose that’s worth giving up a chance to win?