The first 2 hour episode of NBC’s poker heads-up championship hit the airwaves Sunday, April 12th, and will run on Sunday for 6 weeks, until the 3 hour grand finale on May 17th. There is $1.5M up for grabs, and those lucky enough to reach the sweet 16 are guaranteed at least $25,000; with the winner taking home a cool $500K along with the title of being the National Heads-Up Champion.
Week one featured some great matches, which included Daniel Negreanu v. Chris Moneymaker, Mike Matusow v. Dario Minieri, Mike Sexton v. Phil Hellmuth and Gabe Kaplan v. Chris Ferguson. Week 2 will feature matches between Johnny Chan & Eli Elezra, and Annie Duke & Brad Garrett.
Be sure to tune in and watch some great heads-up action!
Here’s the full (remaining) schedule:
- April 19: Noon – 1PM ET/Check local listings for PT
- April 26: Noon – 2PM ET/Check local listings for PT
- May 3: Noon – 2PM ET/Check local listings for PT
- May 10: Noon – 2PM ET/Check local listings for PT
- May 17: Noon – 3PM ET/Check local listings for PT